Tormek DBS-22 Drill Bit Sharpener
- Normally Ships in 1-3 Business Days
For years, professional craftspeople have asked “how can I sharpen my own drill bits?” Tormek, a leader in tool sharpening for more than 40 years, has responded with this exceptional DBS-22 Drill Bit Sharpening jig. For use with all Tormek sharpening systems (T-8, T-7, T-4, T-3, and Supergrind 2000), it allows you to keep your drill bits sharp and ready to work. The four-facet grind this jig produces is worth discussing, as we feel it’s infinitely superior to the common split-point grind other systems produce. The symmetrical four-facet grinding increases bit life, and allows the freshly sharpened bits to be self-centering, making your work a lot easier. Think about it – no pilot holes or punches needed for precision. Plus, a four-facet grind produces a bit that utilizes less torque and generates less heat (70% less heat) than a conventional bit. Another important aspect is this jig is part of a complete water-cooled sharpening system that will make your entire shop’s worth of tools finely honed, while taking less metal off the tools and bits, increasing longevity. You can buy a stand-alone “drill bit only” machine (like Drill Doctor) that produces the inferior split-point grind, or you can have a professional-grade Tormek system with interchangeable jigs like the DBS-22. For people who love good tools and the exceptional work they produce, the choice is clear.
• SUPERIOR SHARPENING – Produces a true FOUR-FACET GRIND, which allows sharpened bits to be self-centering (eliminating the need to center punch or drill pilots).
• WIDE RANGE OF SHARPENING ANGLES – Capable of sharpening all point angles between 90 and 150 degrees.
• SYMMETRICAL SHARPENING FOR LONG BIT LIFE – The two cutting edges remain perfectly equal at all times, which allows for true symmetry in sharpening.
• ADJUSTABLE CLEARANCE ANGLE – You can set the clearance angle to the optimal range for your needs. 7,9,11, or 14 degrees.
• SHARPENS BITS FROM 1/8” TO 7/8” (3mm-22mm) – No need to change jigs for different size bits.
• PART OF THE EXCEPTIONAL TORMEK WATER COOLED SHARPENING FAMILY – Use with the T-8, T-7, T-4, T-3, and Supergrind 2000.